Few weeks back my friend and impeccable taste editor from ECHO MAGAZINE (the leading LGBT Magazine in our city) contacted me with a very specific task.
On the e-mail, he said;
– “Oscar, I need your help on writing a column of how to get ready for the big wedding day. This time for same sex couples.”
Knowing what I know, of how I envision our own wedding with my now husband, in addition of the many experiences I had the opportunity to assit grooms and brides on their big day, plus some columns written specific about the current trends for grooms (like one I named “Feeling the blues”, one that published a while back), it was a task I could do with much skill. I knew exactly the list needed to complete this task. Not the being question’;
– “How to condense a list that could go on for pages?”
I decided to give a list of topics that are part o f any wedding day, in addition to give a fun spin to those couples whose celebration should be full of sprinkles of fun, always maintaining the idea that is a day that should be relish for the rest of your married life.
The article (you can read it here) gives you pointers that could be used to any special occasion;
- Select the date and the venue for the ceremony, plus the reception (if you are having one).
- Hire a wedding or event coordinator, if you choose. They will help you assess who else you’ll need to hire.
- Schedule some time to sit with your family, your spouse-to-be, your BLGBTQF (Best LGBTQ Friend) or your BLGBTQA (Best LGBTQ Ally) to figure out the type of wedding you’d like, the desired flow of your reception, the colors for the event and other details that will get you started.
- Generate a budget, this will influence several of the key points above in addition to determining how many guests you’d like to invite.
So, as always, I urge you to keep your suit/gown fitted, and takes your shoes for a “drive test” before any special occasion.
Enjoy the summer/fall wedding season my dears, it is never too late to say “I Do”
Always in style,
You must log in to post a comment.